Indian sticks to the tried-and-true classic American tourbike design in the Roadmaster Limited, but without any pretense as to its vintage since the bodywork is thoroughly modern. It starts with the front fender that favors cut-down sides over the old-school valence, though the iconic war bonnet fender ornament persists to this day and I imagine that will continue into the foreseeable future.
The front end bulks up behind the fender with fat front forks complete with beer can skirts up top. A modern, batwing-esque fairing splits the wind and extends out to cover your hands, plus the push button-adjustable windscreen lets you dial in the top of the rider’s pocket to suit. Stock engine guards mount the fairing lowers that shunt the weather away from your legs and include adjustable air vents that lets cooling air through as needed.
The Roadmaster Limited debuts Indian’s new ClimaCommand Rogue seat that, interestingly enough, can both heat and cool, just dial it in as you like. Both you and your passenger feel the benefits of temperature control butt-comfort.
Inside the fairing are dual round gauges for the speedo and tach, both with a built-in LED screen to complete the mundane instrumentation. But, the star of the show here is the seven-inch color touchscreen for the infotainment center that bundles navigation, traffic, and weather info along with Apple CarPlay support for your music and a Bluetooth connection for hands-free phone calls. Share your music with everyone around you through a 200 Watt system that pumps up the volume via drivers in both the trunk and the front fairing for that surround-sound effect.
The top case doubles as a wrap-around backrest for your passenger and secure, dry storage. Add that to the slammed sidebags and you have just over 36 gallons of stow-space that can be remote locked and unlocked via key fob.
This unit features:
- Ride Command 7″ touch screen display with Navigation, Radio and Apple Carplay integration
- ClimaCommand rider and pillion heated/cooled seat
- Premium 200 Watt audio system with bluetooth
- Electronically adjustable windshield
- Heated grips
- Full LED lighting throughout
- Central locking saddlebags
- Keyless ignition
- Rider modes (Tour, Standard, Sport)
- Rear cylinder deactivation to reduce heat and fuel consumption
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Cruise Control
- 12v charging port
- Fairing mounted electronic instrument clusters
- Instantaneous vehicle information like fuel economy, fuel range, compass, temperature, gear position, tyre pressure, engine hours, oil life, average speed, battery voltage and more
- Diamond cut wheels
- Rider and pillion seat
- Crash bar mounted leg fairing
- Rider floorboards
- Engine crash bars